Door-to-door transportation is a complex, full-cycle process of cargo’s being delivered from the consignor’s warehouse or other place of business to the consignee’s warehouse. This type of transportation usually combines several types of transport: rail, road, sea, or air. AsstrA provides full door-to-door delivery services in the UK, Europe, the CIS, the Baltic States, the Balkans, and Southeast and Central Asia.
Transportation by high-speed container trains from China is popular with global manufacturers in various sectors where speed is of the essence. This transport mode has many advantages and is considered a strong intermediate alternative to sea and air transport. The most challenging leg of the journey – which an expert transport and logistics provider can quickly and efficiently solve – involves delivering the container from the station of arrival to the final recipient.
AsstrA-Associated Traffic AG clients receive a full range of cargo delivery services supporting the fast and economical transport of containers to any point in Europe.
AsstrA AG experts provide a full range of services supporting the delivery of cargo by container trucks:
- Design T1 and CMR.
- Payment of terminal and station fees.
- Loading and unloading operations, unloading the container from the platform and loading it onto a specialized trailer for transporting containers.
The AsstrA team also provides a full range of services related to railway delivery:
- Delivery of empty containers to senders’ warehouses.
- Delivery of loaded containers to stations.
- Registrations of export declarations.
- Railway freight.
- Paperwork in China for shipment by rail.
- Payment of freight charges by rail.
- Registration of the internal customs transit procedure.
- Terminal services at destination stations.
- Storage at temporary storage warehouses for import customs clearance.
- Removal of cargo from containers to recipients’ warehouses.
- Monitoring the movement of cargo along the entire route and updating the client accordingly.
AsstrA provides the international transportation of various products:
- consumer goods;
- rubber and plastic products;
- car parts;
- equipment and spare parts;
- appliances and electronics;
- clothing, shoes, haberdashery;
- furniture, household goods;
- products of the metallurgical industry;
- pulp and paper products;
- water industry products;
- products from other industries.
The following goods are not accepted as part of neck containers:
- perishable goods,
- oversized cargo,
- dangerous goods
After the train arrives at a station in Malaszewice, Warsaw, Lodz, Hamburg, Duisburg, Nuremberg, Tilburg, Minsk, or Moscow, a Client has two options:
- deliver the goods by rail to another railway station within Europe or the CIS or
- use a container truck.
AsstrA experts recommend the railway option if there is a direct block train from the station of arrival to the station of the recipient. If there is no regularly scheduled block train, the client can alternatively take the cargo out via container trucks with two- or three-axle trailers.
Onward shipments via container trucks from the high-speed train station of arrival are available to the European Union, Asia, and the CIS. Among the most popular destinations to which AsstrA's clients use container trucks to deliver cargo on the last kilometer are:
• Czech Republic,
• Baltic countries,
Container shipments with AsstrA for door-to-door delivery have the following advantages:
- SPEED. The train arrives at a station in Malaszewice, Warsaw, Lodz, Hamburg, Duisburg, Nuremberg, Tilburg, Minsk, or Moscow. There clients receive the full range of terminal services. Within 1-2 days (depending on the place of unloading) the goods are delivered to the final recipient.
- FLEXIBILITY. Such transportation allows you to reroute where necessary if, for example, certain sections of the road are closed and requires no use of special access roads.
- RELIABILITY. The overload on the container truck occurs quickly with maximum security. After that, clients regularly receive updates on the location of the goods.
- CUSTOMIZABILITY. AsstrA's own vehicles and office in Malashevichi give corporate clients the opportunity to receive tailored options.
The AsstrA corporate group adheres to rules established by national and international legal legislation. Restrictions on the transport of container trucks coincide with the restrictions on CAP: dangerous goods are not accepted for transportation.
There are also certain weight limitations:
• In Europe it is up to 22 tons.
• Upon delivery to Ukraine, the cargo weight cannot exceed 16.5 tons (only biaxial container trucks are used on this route).
Certain issues related to the transportation of goods by a UKP are regulated by technical legal acts, laws, and conventions of a general nature.
Leave a request
To receive a freight rate quote, please fill out the following form or contact your nearest office.