At AsstrA, we offer logistics services for companies of all types and sizes, including not only large enterprises but also individual traders. That’s why groupage cargo transport is among the most popular and highly-demanded offerings.
LTL groupage services presuppose the organization of transportation of any volumes of goods that will be delivered together with goods of other clients. They may have another end recipient but should be delivered to the same or close destination. In other words, consolidated freight shipping allows combining small cargoes from different clients on one vehicle in order to avoid unnecessary expenses on transportation. The reduction of transport costs is ensured thanks to efficient usage of heavy lift cargo vehicle space. Before developing a route, our specialists always attentively consider all client’s requirements and desired terms of delivery.
Our partner network includes only the most trustworthy logistics companies, railway and warehouse operators. Thanks to that regardless of the complexity of your delivery, its destination, peculiarities of your goods and other influencing factors, we will be able to ensure 100% timely and safe shipping.
Depending on the size of your cargo, you can often ship it via partial loads and combined freight transportation. With AsstrA, you can ship it quickly with other senders’ cargo as part of a consolidated load.
The following cargo types may be combined in these loads:
- Chemical substances;
- Pharmaceutical supplies;
- Equipment and repair parts;
- Domestic products;
- Household appliances and electronics;
- High-value items and hazardous goods;
- Various machinery and spare car parts;
- Shoes and clothes.
There are, however, certain types of goods that cannot be shipped as groupage cargo. These types include toxic ADR1 materials or any of the six sub-types thereof, quick-rotting products, and out-of-gauge loads. This prohibition exists to protect the safety of other goods that could be put at risk by the dangerous goods.
Also, partial loads transportation is a poor choice for small cargo exported from the CIS. For such products, AsstrA provides quick road transportation.
Our team of professionals works hard to offer the fastest delivery times and most competitive service fees. We pay attention to a variety of factors including cargo type and size, shipping deadlines, storage options, the specific points of loading and unloading, and customs/documentation requirements.
To provide each client with efficient service, AsstrA offers a comprehensive array of transportation and logistics options, including the ability to conjoin multiple customers’ orders into a single lot so as to optimize delivery times.
Before transportation, AsstrA clients’ cargo is kept in a clean and secure warehouse that meets all applicable safety requirements. It is equipped with modern, purpose-designed mechanisms that are used for loading and unloading containers and specialized cells for the safe storage of small loads.
Before storing cargo at the warehouse, the AsstrA team ensures that it has safe and robust packing that complies with the requirements described in the appropriate regulations.
Later, our team of professionals completes all the required documents. After all the loads necessary to create a groupage transport have reached in the warehouse, the team organizes the quickest possible delivery choosing appropriate means of transportation, i.e. via truck, ship, railcar, or aircraft. The average unloading time is one week.
The main advantages of cargo consolidation are:
- unified transport documentation;
- optimized transportation costs split among multiple shippers;
- reduced risk of customs registration complications.
Freight consolidation is an ideal option for shippers trying to save space and money.
Truck transportation is a cost-effective option for groupage cargo involving low volumes or off-size goods. Flexibility is obviously the main advantage: road vehicles may operate when necessary without regard to rail, sea, and air freight schedules. Groupage transport for small cargo volumes has a range of other advantages, including the ability to combine cargo with that of several other shippers, support for fragile cargo, and the ability to enforce specific temperature regimes. AsstrA also provides the opportunity to store cargo at our partners’ warehouses in the CIS and several European countries like Germany, Italy, Lithuania, etc.
Combined freight transportation by sea is the most effective option for long-haul deliveries. It offers a range of advantages including the ability to partially fill containers, transport dry goods, take additional container security precautions, reorganize cargo at ports, and follow simplified customs registration procedures in Europe and the CIS.
Train transportation is also a good option for long-haul partial loads deliveries between Europe and the CIS. Trains follow a fixed timetable, so the chance of delays is minimal and our clients can count on receiving their orders on time. Except for express deliveries, AsstrA also provides clients with the ability to transport practically any type of cargo using specialized containers, carriages, and platforms.
Air cargo shipping is the fastest transportation mode with several benefits. The enormous capacity of cargo planes allows cost savings when several companies’ goods are shipped together. Any international airport can serve as a destination. It is possible to arrange subsequent flights, all-inclusive cargo maintenance at airports, and subsequent cargo transportation directly to the recipient’s warehouse.
AsstrA professionals consider all consolidation requirements based on the unique characteristics of a given type of cargo. We work with reliable air, road, sea, and rail transport carriers in order to provide our clients with the most efficient schemes.
AsstrA has earned a reputation with the world’s leading companies as a reliable logistics Partner for a partial loads transportation. Our company voluntarily meets the highest standards for logistics suppliers and has obtained a Safety & Quality Assessment System (SQAS) certificate to support quality control and safety procedures while working with small amount of products by different companies joint in one vehicle. Moreover, Asstra strictly follows Good Distribution Practices.
AsstrA employees are highly qualified and have many years of experience in the field of partial loads transportation. Experience and qualifications help us take an individual approach to each order that is appropriate to the specifics of the cargo involved and the wishes of the Client. Cooperation with reliable partial loads freight service providers allows us to develop and select optimal delivery routes, clearly coordinate all stages of delivery of partial loads, and transport any cargo in a timely manner. The suite of services AsstrA provides for the transportation of partial loads includes:
- Favorable pricing for a variety of services related to the partial loads transportation. AsstrA offers its customers the most favorable financial terms of cooperation regardless of the situation on the market.
- Fully organized consolidation of freight.
- Integrated customs support and consulting on customs clearance.
- Facilitating prompt passage through sanitary and epidemiological customs control.
- In addition, our company provides the following services:
- Organization and provision of the transportation of partial loads by different modes of transport. Experienced AsstrA specialists select a vehicle specially-adapted for the transportation depending on specific cargo properties and customer needs. If necessary, our employees create multimodal shipping schemes using air, road, sea and rail transport.
- Organization of individual measures to ensure cargo safety during the loading process. To determine the necessary safety measures, specialists take into account the requirements and wishes of the customer, the properties of the cargo, the distance to destination, and road conditions.
- Warehousing services and the organization of other Partners involved.
- 24/7 cargo safety control during all steps of transportation of partial loads, as well as loading and unloading operations.
- Comprehensive customs support.
- Consulting on transport, logistics, cargo consolidation and customs procedures.
Departures: Wuhan, Hefei, Suzhou, Zhengzhou
Destinations: Warsaw, Hamburg, Duisburg
- Customers have to deliver the goods to appointed place of receipt by themselves or AsstrA will do it according to the transport order.
- If the shipment is performed from DOOR, the goods pick up should be provided 4 - 7 days before the train departure depending on the distance to the station of departure.
- If single piece of the goods is more than 2 tons in weight or more than 3 meters in length, there will be handling charge at originating and destination station.
- Gate in cut off is 3 days before the train departure.
- Customs cut off is 2 days before the train departure.
- Shipper has to provide documents for export customs clearance in China as well as the license for import\export customs procedures.
- Space is subject of confirmation before the train departure.
The geographical scope of partial loads transportation services offered by AsstrA is expanding every year:
- Within Europe;
- In the CIS;
- Between Europe and the CIS;
- To/from China and South East Asia;
The rich experience and professionalism of our employees, our individual approach towards every Client, and cooperation with reliable logistics Partners help us offer the most convenient routes, ensure smooth coordination of all transport stages, and provide efficient delivery of small sized products to any place around the world according to agreed terms with the highest levels of cargo safety organizing a partial loads freight.
- MARKET KNOWLEDGE
AsstrA employees competently solve each issue related to the international transportation of partial loads. Thanks to the well-coordinated work of our specialists, each AsstrA customer is guaranteed maximum cargo safety during transportation and consolidation of partial loads, a clear and well-organized delivery system, adherence the established terms of transportation, and fulfillment of all technical and sanitary standards.
AsstrA is a member of the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA), participation in which provides additional opportunities to minimize the risks of damage and loss of cargo during the transportation of joint cargo. In addition, AsstrA has an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certificate, which confirms that our company is a reliable and solvent Partner complying with safety standards and all legal requirements during transportation of partial loads.
- COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE
AsstrA is a single, expert source for a full range of services supporting the transportation of partial loads, such as: international freight forwarding, intermodal scheme development, customs and documentation support, insurance, consulting, project logistics, and logistics. In addition to a global presence in 22 countries, our company has 8 in-house customs agencies allowing us to improve and develop innovative logistics and transport solutions on a continuous basis.
- EXPERT PARTNERS
AsstrA organizes the transportation and storage with reliable suppliers of transportation of partial loads services. Our transport Partners cooperate with us on the basis of long-term contracts which guarantee the achievement of high KPIs regardless of market conditions. AsstrA’s transport Partners have all necessary licenses and permits and carrier liability insurance contracts.
- FINANCIAL SAFEGUARDS
We focus on providing safe, innovative, efficient services for the transportation of consolidated cargo that meet the requirements of international law. AsstrA’s liability is covered for EUR 3,000,000 per insured event. Insurance coverage is provided by our reliable Partner Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland).
- MARKET KNOWLEDGE
Groupage cargo transport lacks unified legal regulation by special international conventions or norms and is regulated at the local or national level from a variety of legal sources covering, for example, freight forwarding and motor transport chartering. AsstrA ensures compliance with all rules and takes full responsibility for arranging all necessary cargo and customs documentation.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.