Railway transportation of goods
- 1 millions of km
- 244 Executed orders
- 68 Target trade lanes
- 79 Corporate clients
- 97 Reliable suppliers
Rail transportation services are included in a wide row of our offerings. Steady demand for train freight shipping is partially attributed to the capacities that railway transport is characterized with: high speed of shipping, large volumes of goods that can be carried at the same time, safety of deliveries. Rail cargo services are also known for their comparatively low costs if we compare them with transportation by air, for example. Thanks to the strict railroad scheduling, it is possible to plan delivery timing with a high level of accuracy. Even in those cases when you do not have access to rail terminals, it won’t be a problem if train freight shipping is the most feasible option for you. In such situations, our experts will organize forwarding of your goods from terminals to warehouses or other facilities by trucks.
We provide railway transportation services in Europe and other regions and guarantee the highest quality of our services. At AsstrA, we do our best to ensure a highly individual approach. We always attentively analyze each case, taking into account the peculiarities of goods that should be delivered and all the specific needs that a customer can have. The reliability of our services and an excellent price-quality ratio are possible thanks to our close cooperation with the best partners in different corners of the world.
Modern railway transport is equipped good enough to take on board nearly all types of cargo, including:
- Piece cargo. Piece cargo is transported in closed wagons or in containers. Cargo loading can be performed manually or mechanically by using special tools.
- Oversized and heavyweight cargo. Oversized and heavyweight cargo is carried using open cars, special-adapted transporters or platforms. Loading is performed by using special crane.
- Bulk cargo. Bulk cargo is carried in flat or open-top wagons. Loading is performed without cargo fastening and laying.
- Dangerous goods railroad transportation requires adherence to special rules, regulating marking, packaging, safety signs applying. Dangerous goods are transported in special adapted containers depending on what hazard class specific cargo belongs to. AsstrA closely follows changes in internal Russian and international legal regulation of railroad cargo transportation. Due to this fact our specialists provide secure and timely delivery considering characteristics of each specific cargo.
Special cargo trains and railway containers of various modifications are used to perform cargo transportation by railway. Our experienced specialists help to select special adapted transport depending on Client’s needs and cargo characteristics. AsstrA specialists develop both mono-modal and multimodal transportation arrangements using air, sea, railway and road transport.
- Railway freight transportation in Europe, including the Balkans
- Rail cargo transportation in the CIS
- Railway transportation in Russia, including remote regions
- Railway cargo transportation between Europe and the Caucasus
- Rail transportation services between Europe and Central Asia
- Railway transportation of goods between China, Europe, and the CIS
- Railway cargo transportation between Mongolia, Europe, and the CIS
- Transportation of cars, vehicles and machines, and railway transportation of oversized goods in purpose-adapted wagons.
- Transportation of perishables by rail.
- Maintenance of certain temperature maintenance with special refrigerated vans as well as isothermic thermo-wagons.
- Carriage of bulk light-weight cargoes with volumes over 120 m3.
- Usage of high-speed trains and transportation of goods over long distances at higher, "passenger" speeds.
For 26 years AsstrA has been providing rail transportation services. We have customers in multiple industries and have gained great experience in understanding the unique aspects of each sector. Accordingly, we deliver high-quality business to each client.
BROAD GEOGRAPHIC REACH
AsstrA has offices in 22 European and CIS countries. Our skilled multilingual professionals work from different time zones to help each client’s business run smoothly.
We provide each client with a full range of service, including transportation, customs assistance, cargo storage, 24/7 support, consulting, urgent deliveries, etc. We serve clients from 22 offices around the world and also have 8 in-house customs agencies.
MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT
AsstrA offers multiple transport modes – including road, maritime, rail and air – across Europe, the Baltics, the CIS, the Balkans, Central Asia, the Middle East, and China.
We value your trust. For your peace of mind, we have group policies with Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland) and Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany), which covers cargo for €3,000,000 per insured event. Our innovative and efficient cargo transportation forwarding services meet all the requirements of international law.
Departures: Wuhan, Hefei, Suzhou, Zhengzhou
Destinations: Warsaw, Hamburg, Duisburg
- Customers have to deliver the goods to appointed place of receipt by themselves or AsstrA will do it according to the transport order.
- If the shipment is performed from DOOR, the goods pick up should be provided 4 - 7 days before the train departure depending on the distance to the station of departure.
- If single piece of the goods is more than 2 tons in weight or more than 3 meters in length, there will be handling charge at originating and destination station.
- Gate in cut off is 3 days before the train departure.
- Customs cut off is 2 days before the train departure.
- Shipper has to provide documents for export customs clearance in China as well as the license for import\export customs procedures.
- Space is subject of confirmation before the train departure.
Railway transportation regulations are found in a diverse set of legal sources, both country-specific and international. The laws, licensing rules, certifications and technical specifics of a particular region’s railway network differ from country to country and have to be taken into consideration. The Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF), The Agreement on International Goods Transport by Rail (SMGS), some CIS regulations, and also bilateral international agreements on direct rail freight have legal force in Europe. AsstrA not only ensures compliance with all these regulations but also consults on the required documentation, including shipping documents, customs declarations, permits, etc.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.
Submit a transport enquiry right now:
Loads in the volume from 1 pallet and/or heavier than 500 kg are accepted for transportation. For transportation of cargo with weight of less than 500 kg, use the services of LTL shipments or air freight. AsstrA company does not perform shipments of personal belongings.