AsstrA provides comprehensive transport and logistics services supporting international rail transportation services. This segment is characterized by high demand and cargo turnover regardless of the market situation. Stability and impressive figures of this market segment are explained by the comprehensive capabilities of railway transport. Cargo trains can carry significant volumes of cargo thanks to its carrying capacity, cover any distances fast and allow to deliver cargo safely. Rail shipping costs are relatively low compared to the cost of air freight and can be dramatically lower for freight that is large and heavy. If a client does not have access to rail freight terminals, trucks are used for onward delivery to the client’s warehouse or enterprise.
AsstrA organizes and provides railway transportation in Europe and abroad in such a way so that our Clients could enjoy all its benefits. Our specialists analyze individual customer’s needs, transported cargo characteristics, develop the best transportation route in Europe, CIS, Baltics, Balkans, and Middle Asia. AsstrA provides timely delivery of any goods regardless of distance. Due to productive cooperation with international transport companies, we offer flexible pricing policy and maintain a high service level.
Types of vehicles
Length m, Width m, Height m, Internal volume m³
Weight Limit, t
Designed to transport various types of containers.
9 m, 2.4 m, -, 20/30/40/45 feet
Modern railway transport is equipped good enough to take on board nearly all types of cargo, including:
- Piece cargo. Piece cargo is transported in closed wagons or in containers. Cargo loading can be performed manually or mechanically by using special tools.
- Oversized and heavyweight cargo. Oversized and heavyweight cargo is carried using open cars, special-adapted transporters or platforms. Loading is performed by using special crane.
- Bulk cargo. Bulk cargo is carried in flat or open-top wagons. Loading is performed without cargo fastening and laying.
- Dangerous goods railroad transportation requires adherence to special rules, regulating marking, packaging, safety signs applying. Dangerous goods are transported in special adapted containers depending on what hazard class specific cargo belongs to. AsstrA closely follows changes in internal Russian and international legal regulation of railroad cargo transportation. Due to this fact our specialists provide secure and timely delivery considering characteristics of each specific cargo.
Special cargo trains and railway containers of various modifications are used to perform cargo transportation by railway. Our experienced specialists help to select special adapted transport depending on Client’s needs and cargo characteristics. AsstrA specialists develop both mono-modal and multimodal transportation arrangements using air, sea, railway and road transport.
- Railway freight transportation in Europe, including the Balkans
- Rail cargo transportation in the CIS
- Railway transportation in Russia, including remote regions
- Railway cargo transportation between Europe and the Caucasus
- Rail transportation services between Europe and Central Asia
- Railway transportation of goods between China, Europe, and the CIS
- Railway cargo transportation between Mongolia, Europe, and the CIS
- Transportation of cars, vehicles and machines, and railway transportation of oversized goods in purpose-adapted wagons.
- Transportation of perishables by rail.
- Maintenance of certain temperature maintenance with special refrigerated vans as well as isothermic thermo-wagons.
- Carriage of bulk light-weight cargoes with volumes over 120 m3.
- Usage of high-speed trains and transportation of goods over long distances at higher, "passenger" speeds.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
AsstrA has over 20 years’ experience in operating air cargo shipping. During this time, our company has learned the specifics of various industries and operational best practices to provide each Client with efficient solutions for their needs.
- BROAD GEOGRAPHIC REACH
AsstrA has developed a wide network of offices in 18 European and CIS countries. Our employees are multi-lingual and are always at Clients’ disposal regardless of their location or time zone.
- COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE
Experienced AsstrA specialists provide a full range of services from one logistics operator: transportation, customs clearance, insurance, warehousing, consulting, and project logistics, among other offerings. In addition to offices operating in 16 countries, AsstrA has 8 in-house customs agencies.
- MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT
AsstrA arranges transportation of goods not only by railway but also via other means to the Baltics, Europe, the CIS, the Balkans, Central Asia, the Middle East, and China.
- FINANCIAL GUARANTEES
We provide safe, innovative, and efficient services that meet the requirements of international law. Our group policy with Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Switzerland), Basler Versicherung AG (Switzerland) and Aktiv Assekuranz (Germany) covers cargo for €3,000,000 per insured event.
- LONG EXPERIENCE
Departures: Wuhan, Hefei, Suzhou, Zhengzhou
Destinations: Warsaw, Hamburg, Duisburg
- Customers have to deliver the goods to appointed place of receipt by themselves or AsstrA will do it according to the transport order.
- If the shipment is performed from DOOR, the goods pick up should be provided 4 - 7 days before the train departure depending on the distance to the station of departure.
- If single piece of the goods is more than 2 tons in weight or more than 3 meters in length, there will be handling charge at originating and destination station.
- Gate in cut off is 3 days before the train departure.
- Customs cut off is 2 days before the train departure.
- Shipper has to provide documents for export customs clearance in China as well as the license for import\export customs procedures.
- Space is subject of confirmation before the train departure.
Railway transport is the subject of complex legal regulation from a diverse set of regulatory sources. While performing railway cargo transportation in different countries, the rules and technical specifics of a particular region’s railway network is taken into consideration. The following regulations have legal force in Europe: the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF), The Agreement on International Goods Transport by Rail (SMGS), some CIS regulations, and also bilateral international agreements on direct rail freight. The AsstrA legal department not only ensures compliance with all the regulations but also takes full responsibility for arranging all required cargo and customs documentation.
We look forward to cooperating with you! For more information on our services, please contact us via our website or at our nearest AsstrA office.
Submit a transport enquiry right now:
Loads in the volume from 1 pallet and/or heavier than 500 kg are accepted for transportation. For transportation of cargo with weight of less than 500 kg, use the services of LTL shipments or air freight. AsstrA company does not perform shipments of personal belongings.